About Conscious Leadership: how to engage your tribe/organization
The most important lesson
I have worked for over 20 years with in excess of 500 leaders and their companies. By listening to their stories and those of their co-workers and stakeholders I have collected many valuable lessons. And today I am sharing those lessons with you. And the most important lesson is: it is all about YOU! You lead the company. You may have even founded the company. So your people are looking at you. They expect something from you.
What do they expect?
- To lead them. To lead them with a vision that is clear, powerful and unwavering.
- To involve them. To listen to them with an open mind. To listen for their insight, not for their blind acquiescence.
- To choose. To make wise decisions and to explain your choices.
- To trust them. To let them do their work, their way. They are professionals after all, and you hired them.
- To inspire them. To make them want to be part of your vision. To make them want to be your ambassador.
- To hold them accountable. To know that they have to give the best of themselves. As you do, all the time.
How can you be what your people expect?
- Have a clear compass, consisting of your mission, your core values and your highest vision.
- Practice what you preach, no matter what.
- Lead from a position of trust in your people.
- Raise your consciousness to enable you to zoom out and provide a different perspective.
- Be wise and compassionate, whilst maintaining your boundaries and your vision.
- Listen to your intuition and trust your gut.
- Be authentic, vulnerable, open and honest.
- Be fully present. To listen deeply, with all your senses.
- Take full responsibility. Always. Don’t indulge your inner victim.
- Stop trying to please people. You have a vision and what other people think doesn’t matter.
- Lead from the inside out, guided by your personal compass, rather than from the outside in, guided by other people’s opinions.
- Be courageous. Dare to be different. Dare to decide. Dare to slow down. Dare to come back on your decisions and admit that you were wrong.
We need you. Now. Loving you,